Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Tuesday

I hated my alarm clock this morning. 5:30 always comes too soon. We stayed up late last night and finished off a bottle of sparkling wine. We needed it. The stress from the weekend robbed the joy of our anniversary celebration. Mandy will soon be starting her new job. She has a little over a week left and then we are going to Idaho for a well deserved vacation.
   Except for those who know us nobody realizes I have cancer. I like it that way. We are so active. While in Idaho we will visit the Silverwood theme park, bike the Hiawatha rail trail, water ski on lake coeur d' alene, and hike at the state park north of silverwood.

   I say this all the time but it's true. People hear the word cancer and do one of two things. They either put on the gloves and fight or they start digging a hole. I hate digging.
The problem with cancer is that it wears you down until there is no fight left. Sooner or later patients tire of the constant erosion. I see it all the time in the infusion room. They were all fighters at one time. Some are just ready for it to end.
Someday maybe those eyes will be my own but for now there is still a lot of fight left in the dog. On to the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment